EU Scholarships for Students in Finland
European-Union funded scholarships are offered either for full degree programmes in Erasmus Mundus / Erasmus Joint Masters or Doctorate Programmes, or mobility scholarships of different duration for students and other people from selected countries and regions outside of the EU who want to study in European universities
The different EU Scholarships offered are-
- Joint Masters and Doctorates
- Erasmus Mundus Mobility Scholarships
- Erasmus Mobility Scholarships
- Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions
Scholarships for Erasmus Mundus / Erasmus Master’s Courses and Joint Doctorates
Many scholarships are given for those studying on Erasmus Mundus / Erasmus Join Master’s Degree courses or Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorates.
Support Offered: It covers the participation costs, travel to Europe, a living expense and insurance.
The application for scholarships must be submitted to the coordinating university. Application deadlines vary depending upon the programme. Generally the applications for admission with Erasmus Mundus scholarships fall between November-January.
Erasmus Mundus Masters Courses
The Erasmus Mundus Full-time Master's courses duration is 2 years. There are many Finnish Universities that provide this course.
Following courses are directly managed by the Finnish Universities-
- Master of Science in European Forestry (University of Eastern Finland)
- NordSecMob - Masters Programme in Security and Mobile Computing (Aalto University – School of Science and Technology)
- European Masters in Sport and Excercise Psychology (University of Jyvaskyla)
There are certain degree courses where Finnish Universities act as a partner institution
- European Masters Clinical Linguistics (University of Eastern Finland)
- SpaceMaster - Joint European Master in Space Science and Technology (Aalto University – School of Science and Technology)
- CIMET - Color Informatics and Media Technology (University of Eastern Finland)
- MARIHE: Master in Research and Innovation in Higher Education (University of Tampere)
- Food of Life (University of Helsinki)
- SELECT - Environomical Pathways for Sustainable Energy Systems (Aalto University – School of Science and Technology)
- Erasmus Mundus Master's Course in Systems Biology (Aalto University – School of Science and Technology)
- IMRCEES - International Masters in Russian, Central and East European Studies(University of Turku)
- PERCOM - Pervasive Computing & Communications for Sustainable Development(Lappeenranta University of Technology)
Erasmus Joint Masters Degrees (JMD)
Finnish universities presently participate as partner institutions in providing the following Erasmus Joint Master’s Degrees:
- Colour in Science and Industry (University of Eastern Finland - coordinator:Universite Jean Monnet, France)
- Excellence in Analytical Chemistry (Abo Akademi - coordinator: University of Tartu, Estonia)
Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorates
Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorates are doctoral-level training and research programmes, providing fellowships that include a maximum of 3 years of doctoral activities. The Finnish university that act as a partner institution in an Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate is
- SELECT PhD - Environomical Pathways for Sustainable Energy Services (Aalto University)
Erasmus Mundus Mobility Scholarships
Erasmus Mundus provides mobility scholarships to non-EU countries nationals who want to do a study exchange in European universities. Scholarships are available for students, researchers and academic staff, or people who are working. The study duration can vary from 1 to 34 months
Support Offered: It covers travel and insurance costs and a monthly allowance is given.
EU Erasmus+ Mobility Scholarships
Such scholarships are offered by the higher education institutions that have cooperation agreements with European universities under the Erasmus programme.
Candidates can apply for short-term credit mobility that lasts for 3 to 12 months. Under the short-term credit mobility programme, candidates must spend part of their study duration at a partner institution. To know more about it, contact the International relations office of your home institution.
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
The EU provides several opportunities to doctoral candidates and researchers through the Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions – mainly within the Innovative Training Networks (ITN). The Innovative Training Networks comprises:
- European Training Networks (ETN)
- European Industrial Doctorates (EID)
- European Joint Doctorates (EJD)